Skip to main content

Mix and Match and Studded

Hey everyone!

I seriously think I need to show my BFF my nails before I do posts. A lot of time she will give me rad names for my posts. Must remember to do this from now on. I think I should have warned my intro with a "side note" - sorry, next time!

I am going to say that I am in love with these nails before I show you my photo. I honestly cannot stop staring at them.. They are a mix of different activities and they are honestly just delightful.

I based the design 96% from this photo and the other 4% from this photo. The reason being is that the first photo design just felt like it needed something extra, but I liked the colours better.. But I wanted the studs from the second photo.. Ohhh perfect, mash them together-ish.


We have Butter London Cheeky Chops on my thumb and middle fingers, Orly Liquid Vinyl on all the others, we have OPI Metallic 4 Life layered on to my ring finger (I totally wrote 'ringer' first.. I think I like that combo-word.. moving on..), and then some Orly White Out for the dots and lines. The studs are from my Cult Nails order a little while back. LOVE THEM! I love anything studded. If I had studded pants, I'd probably be wearing them right now. Note to self: find studded pants.

Sure, my lines should be thinner and neater, but I don't even care. I love the whole mixed design looks. Everything is different, yet they all work together. Just so good! Also, I snipped off my nails again. This is probably my 1,000th time saying this, but: I love short nails. I know a lot of people say you cannot put any designs or fit anything on short nails, but I say that is so wrong. There is just something about short nails that makes my heart smile. This is definitely a heart smiling moment.

Also, I have decided to go on a no-buy until some time in September. I am quite pleased because my pal Silver is also doing it. I just feel lately that I'm too impulsive with my polish purchasing. And I have so many sweet babies to play around with that I almost feel negligent. Yeah, I went there. I do have a ninja polish order coming in - probably next week, but they were bought and paid for before my official no-buy start. AND the only polish I will purchase will be for my birthday group, and I'm basically a month ahead, so.. I should be golden!

That is all for today - see you all again very soon!!

P.S - What do you all think my new header?! My amazingly awesome friend Jade made it for me! I am actually really pleased every time I load up my blog to view my posts now.. The header is perfection!!!
3 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Marble (sort of).

Hey everyone!

-Insert gratuitous reasoning(s) of why I have been away-

Ok, now that that is out of the way, hi!

I just realized I still have a couple post photos stocked up. Sigh. I haven't even uploaded all that is currently living on my camera. The fear is real.

That is for another day. Mayhaps this weekend.

Until then.

I think I said it at some point on my blog, but I feel like 2017 is going to be the year that I constantly do faux marble nails. Note: not watermarbling. I have given in to that failed activity far too many times.

No, I mean the classy kind of marble. You know.

This time, I did it in reverse, because, why not?


 It counts, right?

Ugh. I love it.

I used:
China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base CoatEssie LicoriceFormula X White MatterAcetoneBrushSeche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
All right, that is all for today. See you all again soon (I promise).

Revlon Galactic Pink

Hey everyone!

I have seen a small wealth of posts in FB groups and such on these Revlon holographic polishes.. and I didn't sprint out to buy them.. but I did happen to meander past a display of them the other day. I decided to snap up this pink shade. Kind of glad I did.

The formula is suuuper easy to work with, and very buildable - it also dried quite quickly. All wins in my book.


I used:
China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base CoatRevlon Galactic PinkSeche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
I am starting to get better at putting on a cuticle lotion or oil instead of picking at the skin/cuticles.. so, I am hoping that my nails will start growing now. Fingers crossed!

That is all for today - see you all again soon!

Glitter Marble 'Veining' Nails

Hey everyone!

Worst nail blogger on the planet, just checking in!

I am so sorry. I keep doing my nails, and not photographing them because, well, I am a monster? Yeah, that.

BUT! I got a wealth of compliments on there and remembered to snap photos before I 1. ruined them or 2. got annoyed and removed the polish and did something new - yay!

I LOVE these, but I feel like I want to do these marble veining with glitter again, but putting down a deeper base colour, and then glitter-ize it.


I used:
China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base CoatChina Glaze Don't Make Me BlushFinger Paints He-Art AuctionThin BrushSeche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
That is all for today! See you all again soon!