I think some of these post titles are going to basically become mini novels - hopefully people are okay with that.
I figured why not kick off this rad countdown series with one of my personal favourite nail art creations of the holiday season.. plus, its name plays homage to one of my top films Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Paul Rudd, my future brother-in-law, thank you for being you.
I first debuted this look in 2012 - you can see it HERE - then I did it again last year - seen HERE - and I did it again now. BUT. I changed it up ever so slightly. I already have a look that I am recreating that is a gradient, so I figured why not use the colours in the saran wrap method? Did and done. I love it!
- China Glaze Spontaneous
- China Glaze Sweet Hook
- China Glaze Secret Peri-Wink-Le
- OPI Pirouette My Whistle
- China Glaze White On White
- OPI Don't Touch My Tutu!
Want to recreate this look? Or do something similar? Alright, here are my tips for this look:
- Paint your nails in your lightest shade (China Glaze Sweet Hook)
- Once the base is dry, blob on any colours you want, including the base colour (China Glaze: Sweet Hook, Secret Peri-Wink-Le, and Spontaneous)
- Blot with a mushed up piece of saran wrap, and keep blotting until you are happy with the result - side note: sometimes you might need (want?) to add more polish and try again. It happens.
- Paint some fun glitter over top to give it a little extra (OPI Pirouette My Whistle)
- Totally optional step, but I tossed a sheer milky colour on top to just soften the whole thing up (OPI Don't Touch My Tutu!)
- Paint on the snowflakes - there are many, many tutorials all over the web, or just paint on whatever you'd like - your nails, have fun!
See? Not too terribly difficult to do. Could you imagine this kind of look with blues? Or the classic green and red for Christmas? Endless possibilities!
See you all again tomorrow!!